Wednesday, March 1, 2017

WiP Wednesday - Homework from QuiltCon

As you can imagine, I didn't work on any of my current works in progress this week, but I did add to my To Do list.


The Michael Miller booth let us pick out four fat eighths of fabric under the condition that we make and return a 6" block for a charity project.


The Marcus Fabrics booth issued a mug rug challenge, and had scraps available to get you started. How could I resist the Aunt Grace charm square?


On Friday evening, I took a class with Nydia Kehnle on embroidery. We were able to choose a state to stitch around as we practiced the various techniques. I'm not sure what I'll do with this when it's finished, but I am finding the hand sewing to be relaxing. It's also nice to have something I can work on while I'm watching TV with The Pit Boss or waiting for an appointment.


On Sunday morning, just before I had to head home, I had the most fun three hours in a longarm quilting class with Angela Walters called "Swirling Beyond Feathers."


Tina and I shared a HandiQuilter Avante and practiced all kinds of curves, motifs, and filler designs. Here's my practice piece. At the time it looked awful - I noticed every imperfection - but when I unpacked I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a total disaster. I don't think I'll ever be in the market for a longarm of my own, but I might work up the courage to rent time on one from a local shop.


What are you working on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...