Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Birds in the Air

My Birds in the Air blocks are here!


Recently one of the Twilters suggested a block swap to celebrate the launch of Frances's book, Birds in the Air. For once in my life I didn't wait to start working on my blocks at the last minute. For once I beat the deadline with time to spare. The waiting was excruciating!


But they're here! The blocks are here and I love them. It is such fun to look through and see the familiar names mixed with the new. My Middle Child and I were choosing our favorites last night - how can you pick just one? - and he couldn't believe the ones from so far away. (Whoops! I must have forgotten the pick of OzzyPip's block from Australia!)


I'm working on a layout now, and think I have one I like. I'm keeping it a little bit of a surprise until the top is together. I keep going back to my studio to look and swap blocks around and then leave it for awhile so I can look at it with fresh eyes, but I think I might have landed on my favorite.



I am so grateful to Tina for organizing and to everyone who participated!

What are you working on today?


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are having so much fun with the blocks. Your studio including design wall seem to facilitating your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I didn't participate, not because I want to make a Birds in the Air quilt, but because I love group projects. I do hope to make one for Frances. I just feel so behind on everything and haven't gotten to it yet. I love the blocks you showed. People use such interesting fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...